Saturday, March 18, 2017

Zingo Deconstructed



Zingo is a fun little tangle that was charmingly demonstrated recently by two very young tanglers on the Zentangle blog. The Diva asked us all to try it out this week so here are my efforts. 

I started with the colored one below and while it was fun, I thought I could do a lot more with it. So I spent some time thinking about it. Late Thursday night it came to me. DECONSTRUCT IT!

Taking Zingo apart was simple enough. I thought it almost looked like an Indian blanket. So I filled the remaining space with basic Knightsbridge (a checkered pattern).  A little shading really popped it off the page and it was done!


The colored Zingo tile was tangled first in ink. It was colored with Tombow markers. Then the background was done with the same Tombow markers but a watercolor technique was used.

If you want to see the original video where this tangle is demonstrated, this link will take you there.   Indy and Mazy tangle


6 comments:

  1. I do like your two totally different interpretations of the lovely ZIngo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Two very different results, equally beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that's so beautiful, such a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful interpretations of Zingo! Love the intense colours.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.