Sunday, June 4, 2017

Puffin and Munich

Traveling to new places can be so inspirational for tangling. I was recently in Munich, Germany and had the pleasure of visiting several of the beautiful and historic churches. The ornate decoration in many of them is amazing. I took lots of pictures. I was fustrated in visiting some of them as they had a service going every time I got there and of course they don't want you to take pictures or walk around during the service. I finally waited and was rewarded with magnificent organ music and choirs. And when the service ended I was amazed at how each smaller altar was decorated differently.
The tile here was inspired by the elaborate carvings around the columns and on the walls. I used some tangleations of the tangle "puffin" as I did this.

1 comment:

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.